Day 4 of the Ocean County Fair opens at 11, with a packed schedule of events. If you want a taste of a traditional country fair, head on out to Robert J. Miller Airpark on Route 530 in Berkeley Township.
The day kicks off with an Open English Horse Show at 11 a.m. in the horse show ring. The 4-H goat show will be going on at the same time in the 4-H show tent.
Other events slated for the day include:
• Zuzu Acrobatic Troupe, noon, 1:30 p.m, 3 p.m., main stage.
• Bow Benders archery contest, 1 p.m., back parking lot.
• Dairy calf show, 2 p.m., 4-H show tent.
• Poultry show, 2 p.m., poultry tent.
• Poultry showmanship, 3 p.m., poultry tent.
• Vintage car show, 6 p.m, midway.
• Small stock show, 6 p.m. 4-H show tent.
• After the Reign, New Jersey's premier country band, 7 p.m. main stage.
• Dirt Devils ATV safety skills, 7 p.m. horse show ring.
•Bwana Jim's Wildlife Show, Hot Dog Pig Racing and Chainsaw Carving demonstrations will run throughout the day and evening.
The fair also features 4-H demonstrations, craft demonstrations, rides, food, funnel cakes and music throughout the day and night.
Admission is $6 for ages 10 and up. Children under 10 are admitted free. Fair visitors can purchase "pay one price" tickets for $20 on Tuesday and $20 Wednesday. They can also purchase a ride "megapass" for $40, for rides the entire five days of the fair.
For more information, go to the Ocean County Fair website or call 732-914-9466.
Have you gone or do you plan to visit the fair this year? Take our poll!