The first shredding date will be April 5 in Eagleswood Township and continue through dates in October across the county.
Residents are not required to register for the free program and can bring six boxes or bags each day. The program is for all paper documents and paper forms. Paperclips and staples do not have to be removed.
According to Freeholder Jim Lacey, the shredding program is performed by Autoshred of Toms River and is done at no cost to the county.
“We all tend to collect personal documents and store them in our homes even though we may no longer need them,” Lacey said, in statement. “This is a great and safe way to get rid of those papers. It reduces household clutter and gives our residents peace of mind that the information cannot be retrieved and used for identity theft. It also benefits our recycling program.”
All collection dates will run the complete scheduled time or until the truck which has the capacity to hold 8,000 pounds is full. The program is only open to residents.
Residents can attend any site. Commercial documents will not be accepted nor are x-rays, CDs, floppy disks, microfilm and file folders.
The dates, time and locations of the program are:
- April 5, noon to 2 p.m., Eagleswood Township Municipal Complex, 146 Division Street.
- April 19, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Berkeley Township Recycling Center, 630 Pinewald Keswick Road.
- May 7, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Little Egg Harbor Township Community Center, 319 West Calabreeze Way.
- May 10, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Plumsted Township, Lakeview Drive by the Pedestrian Bridge.
- June 14, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Jackson Township Rear Municipal Building Parking Lot, 95 West Veterans Highway.
- June 21, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Seaside Heights Borough Recycling Center, Bay Boulevard and Sherman Avenue.
- July 19, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Ship Bottom Borough Hall, back parking lot, 1621 Long Beach Boulevard.
- July 25, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Toms River Township, Riverwood Park, 250 Riverwood Drive.
- Aug. 2, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Manchester Township Public Works Yard, 1360 Route 70.
- Aug. 9, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Brick Township Public Works Yard, 836 Ridge Road.
- Aug. 16, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lacey Township Public Works Yard, 820 Municipal Lane.
- Aug. 24, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lakewood Township Public Works Yard, 1 America Avenue.
- Sept. 6, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stafford Township, Southern Ocean County Recycling Center, 379 Haywood Road.
- Sept. 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Toms River Township, Riverwood Park, 250 Riverwood Drive.
- Sept. 20, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lakehurst Borough Public Works Yard, 800 Myrtle Street.
- Oct. 4, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Point Pleasant Beach Public Works Yard, 301 Cooks Road.
- Oct. 25, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Beachwood Municipal Complex, 1600 Pinewald Road.