.

Public Works Building Deemed Safe After Gas Odor Reported On Monday

Employees allowed back in building after testing

by Patricia A. Miller

Although a natural gas odor wafted through the township Public Works Building Monday morning, no source could be found, Township Administrator Christopher Reid said.

"It was first discovered by the guys in the garage," Reid said after the Township Council meeting Monday night.

New Jersey Natural Gas responded and shut the gas supply off. The gas lines were then pressurized to test for leaks, but none were found, Reid said.

Public Works employees were allowed back in the building later in the day, he said.

The first floor of the two-story building on Pinewald-Keswick Road is heating with natural gas. The second floor is heating by an oil heating system, Reid said.

Township officials had already discussed converting the second floor of the building to natural gas because of a previous incident with the oil heating system, he said.

The Township Council Monday night passed a resolution agreeing to go out to bid for the natural gas conversion. That was already on the agenda before Monday's incident.

Council members Robert Ray, Fran Siddons and L. Thomas Grosse Jr. did not attend last night's meeting. The governing body had just enough for a quorum, with four members present.
proud December 10, 2013 at 09:57 AM
Must have been the burritos.
Mark December 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I hate to say it but: quite eating all those tacos ! ps. glad you guys are ok

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »