One man was injured and his family displaced after a garage fire in a Mallard Road home shortly after midnight, Sgt. James J. Smith said.
Robert Fennick tried to put the fire out, but was burned on his hands and feet. When firefighters from the Bayville Volunteer Fire Company, Pinewald Pioneer Fire company and the Forked River Fire Company arrived, the garage was fully engulfed, he said.
The blaze - which broke out around 12:24 a.m. - has been ruled accidental by township and county fire officials, Smith said.
The house suffered smoke damage and the Red Cross assisted the family in finding housing, he said.