Located at Long Beach Island’s south end, Beach Haven is a family-oriented, tourist-friendly town that’s hopping all summer.
It’s got a denser collection of shops and restaurants than much of the rest of LBI as well as big attractions such as the Fantasy Island arcade and a Thundering Surf Water Park, making it a popular vacation and day-trip destination. The borough stretches from 12th Street on the north end to Nelson Avenue on the south end.
- Beach badges: Seasonal badges are $30 until June 22 and $40 starting June 23. Weekly badges are $20; daily badges are $5. Children 12 and under, adults 65 and over and active duty military personnel can use the beach for free. Those 65 and older must get a special permanent badge by visiting the Beach Badge Office; military personnel must show ID. The order form is available online.
- Lifeguard hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning June 23 through Labor Day.
- Snacks are permitted on the beach as long as trash is cleared.
- Surfing is permitted in areas marked by a back and white checkered flag; these locations may change depending on ocean conditions.
- Parking: Street parking, plus public parking at Bay Village shopping area on the bayfront between 9th Street and Taylor Avenue.
- Bathrooms: Bay Village, end of Center Street and at Pearl Street and Bay Avenue.
- Food and drink: Picnicking is not allowed.