Get ready for an absolutely beautiful weekend with cooler temperatures
and sunny skies. But first we have to get through Thursday and Friday. Today
- The National Weather Service is calling for mostly cloudy skies with a
high near 84 degrees. Winds will be from the southwest at 5 to 10 miles
per hour. There's a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms,
mainly after 9 a.m.
Tonight - Mostly cloudy with a low
near 69 degrees. Winds will switch to the west at 9 miles per hour.
There's a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Mostly sunny with a high near 84 degrees. Winds will be from the
north at 8 miles per hour. There's a 20 percent chance of showers and
thunderstorms before 2 a.m.
Things to Do: •Surflight Theater presents "Les Miserables,"
at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., 201 Engleside Avenue, Beach Haven. Tickets are
$45, $35 for groups of 15 or more. Military and veteran discounts
available. Tickets may be purchased online at www.surflight.org or by calling 609-492-9477.
• Bingo night, sponsored by the Holiday City at
Berkeley Bingo Club, Clubhouse #2, Port Royal Drive. Doors open at 5
p.m., bingo starts at 6:30 p.m. • SATURDAY - Don't forget the Lacey Township 5K Race/1 Mile Fun Run,
Gille Park. Registration begins at 7 a.m., race starts at 8:30 a.m. Fee
is $30. Cash prizes for overall top three male and three female
finishers. For more information, call 609-693-1100, ext. 2203, or go
online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we are working on:
• Judge rules Snooki filming can continue on Pelican Island, Township Council introduces ordinance with amendments to filming in Berkeley.
• Central Regional Board of Education fills vacancy left by resignation of longtime board member Denise Pavone-Wilson