Township Council Approves Most Professional Appointments Unanimously
Toms River firm of Gilmore and Monahan reappointed to head law department for 2013
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
That pretty much sums up the Township Council's recent votes on the professional appointments for 2013.
Council members unanimously approved the reappointment of Toms River attorney and GOP party chief George R. Gilmore's firm to serve as township attorney for the coming year at the Jan. 4 reorganization meeting.
The Toms River Regional Board of Education earlier this week declined to renew Gilmore and Monahan's contract with the board. The firm handled legal matters during the two decades now-disgraced Michael J. Ritacco was superintendent.
Berkeley Council members also appointed Gilmore's son Michael and Dina M. Vicari - Freeholder Joseph H. Vicari's daughter - as tax attorneys for 2013. Vicari will also serve as zoning prosecutor, alternate municipal prosecutor, one of the conflict public defenders and one of the conflict township attorneys.
Alan W. Dittenhofer was reappointed as Township Engineer. James M. Oris will again serve as director of the Planning Department.
Township Administrator and Chief Financial Officer Frederick C. Ebenau was appointed to serve as administrator for another 30 days.
"We're looking to do an administrative restructuring," Mayor Carmen F. Amato Jr. said after the meeting. "He's doing two jobs right now. He will be part of the administration, absolutely."
Other appointments include:
• Municipal Auditor - William E. Antonides and Company
• Chief Municipal Prosecutor - Citta, Holzapfel and Zabarsky
• Open Space Planner - Remington, Vernick & Vena
• Real Estate Appraiser - Henry Mancini and Associates
• Labor Counsel - Hiering, Gannon and McKenna
• Bond Counsel - John O. Bennett of Dilworth Paxton
• Mt. Laurel Attorney - Michael A. Jedziniak
• Municipal Public Defender - Brian DiStefano
• Conflict Public Defenders - Heagen, Pagano Seems, Bianca Sangiovanni, Cafarelli and Reid. Sangiovanni is the daughter of Brick Township Councilman Joseph Sangiovanni.
• Conflict Township Attorneys - Paul Leodori, Dina M. Vicari, Gregory McGuckin, Michael A. Tier.
• Municipal Sewerage Authority - Steven Pellecchia was appointed to a five-year term. Joseph Bruscino, Jr. was appointed to a five-year term as an alternate member.
• Municipal Utilities Authority - Michael W. Hale was appointed to a five-year term. Alternate member Keith Buscio was appointed a five-year term.
• Council members also appointed Dr. Cheryl Altieri and Dr. John Hudak to one-year terms as Township Chiropractors. Their fees will be only what insurance pays, Amato said after the meeting.
Dr. Theodore Ende will serve as Township Physician and Police Surgeon.