Storm-Related Closings for Weekend Snow Storm
Closings and cancellations reported for Monmouth, Ocean and Atlantic counties
Here is a list of closings and cancellations for the Shore area. Please add to the comments below if you have a closing to announce.
- In Brick, because of the inclement weather, all district sports and activities are cancelled all day Saturday.
- Toms River Regional Schools is cancelling all activities, rentals and sporting events for Saturday.
- In Toms River, two exceptions are being made in the school district: The Magic 101 Women’s Expo at the Pine Belt Arena, and both the 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. performances of the High School East play, “In the Heights,” are not cancelled and will go on as scheduled on Saturday.
- In Point Boro, all weekend sports activities are canceled.
- Ocean County College’s Main Campus in Toms River, the Southern Education Center in Manahawkin, and all off-campus locations are closed Saturday. The Main Campus will reopen on Saturday at 6 p.m. to prepare for the evening’s performance of Exit 82’s “Broadway for the Beach, A Sandy Benefit.” Exit 82 will perform at 8 p.m. in the Arts & Community Center Theatre.
- All GEHRHSD Schools and Events for Saturday, and Sunday have been cancelled or postponed. All GEHRHSD School Buildings are CLOSED until Monday morning.
- The Ocean County Library System had a delayed opening at 11 a.m. on Saturday due to inclement weather.
- The St. Rose High School Boys Hockey game vs. Rumson-Fair Haven scheduled for Friday evening has been postponed.
- NJ TRANSIT announced a system-wide cross-honoring for buses and trains all day Saturday though service has been restored.
- Monmouth University has cancelled classes all day Saturday. Residence halls and the Magill Commons dining hall will remain open through the weekend. The campus will close all day Saturday except for designated employees.
- The Monmouth County Library Saturday book sale is postponed due to the storm.